Notice: I've taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to add content here as often as possible. Pertinent guest posts are always welcome.

-

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

So You Think Your Food is Safe?

This photo essay is making the email rounds, but it seems really appropriate for hikers to see. Lest you think that bears are not smart or agile, this will give you something to think about next time you hang your food in the woods. And this is why I much prefer to be far away from areas where the bears have become accustomed to people. Meanwhile, have a good chuckle!
Bear at Bird Feeder view 1


Bear at Bird Feeder view 2


Bear at Bird Feeder view 3


Bear at Bird Feeder view 4


1 comment:

samh said...

Sheesh, use the PCT Method, people!

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/bear_bag_hanging_technique.html

Funny set of photos though I must say.