Notice: I've taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to add content here as often as possible. Pertinent guest posts are always welcome.

-

Monday, February 23, 2009

Jennifer Takes a "Tiny Hike"

NCT trailhead
photo by Jennifer Schlick
from the blog Walking Home "Tiny Hike", by Jennifer Schlick, used with permission, Feb 22, 2009

Nine A.M. Six inches of fresh powder… I wonder if I will need my snow shoes. But no, someone was here before the powder and packed me a nice base.

“They” are predicting 24-hours of lake effect snow starting later this afternoon. A few early-arriving clouds are practicing off and on, ocassionally allowing sunlight through to add a sparkle to the snow.

The wind is in a particularly creative mood...

See Tiny Hike for the rest of the story, a map, and lots more pictures.

No comments: