Notice: I've taken a part-time job, and it's definitely affecting my blogging time. I'll continue to add content here as often as possible. Pertinent guest posts are always welcome.

-

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New Home for NCT Long Distance Hiker Info

footprint logos for NCT clubs
by JHY

Today I made a beginning effort to start collecting the documents about long-distance hikers into one location.

The new NCTA web site is only going to support parts of what I think interests long-distance hikers. I have no wish to be "in competition" with NCTA, but since the "Clubs" was an unofficial but allowed project of mine in the first place, I'm not going to let it all fall by the wayside.

For now, I've started putting this information in a sub-folder of a server that I own space on. Perhaps in the future I'll be able to get it a domain name and its own space.

The new site is presently very bare bones. But I have gotten the "Clubs" links in the right hand column working again. The links from those pages to trail journals or news items about the hikers now work, although I don't have all the graphics moved and re-pointed.

The Lower Michigan Passport project is NOT dead, and that will also be moved to the new location. I've also added a "Donate" button there, for anyone who would like to support the effort to get NCT Long Distance Hikers off the ground.

I'll continue to improve it as I get a spare moment or two.

See North Country Trail Long Distance Hikers

No comments: